Adrianna Costa

Adrianna Costa The former Charger reflects on growing up in Agoura Hills and making it big as an entertainment news host in Hollywood.

Adrianna Costa

 Adrianna Costa
Adrianna Costa

American television personality best known as an entertainment Adrianna Costa
Adrianna Costa

Adrianna Costa

Adrianna Costa

Adrianna Costa

Adrianna Costa

Adrianna Costa

Adrianna Costa

Adrianna Costa

Adrianna Costa

Adrianna Costa
I want to thank you for stopping by to check out my new website. I promise to bring you the most up-to-date video clips, pictures and stories from my life to share with you. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them under the "contact" icon and I'll be sure to answer. Thank you all so much for your continued support Adriana Costa is an international TV personality who just wrapped hosting a pilot for Fox Network about celebrity genealogy called, Who Are You?, produced by Fremantle Media and Magic Pictures. Adrianna acted as a guide to different stars as they traced their history to find out who they are and where they come from.Heber, whose mother's name is Anita Garza, graduated from Agoura High School in Agoura Hills, California, in 1999. She received a bachelor of arts degree in broadcast journalism, with a minor in film studies, from the University of Colorado in 2003. She appeared in the 36-minute student short "Red Roses", as the character "Veronica", in 2001.

Heber began working as a local entertainment reporter at the Palm Springs, California CBS television network affiliate KPSP-LP, a low-power television station known as "CBS 2", though broadcast on UHF channel 38. She expanded into entertainment reporting for the cable television networks E! Entertainment Television (hosting 20 Hippest Hot Spots and doing music-news reporting) and MSNBC, as well for as the local Fox Broadcasting affiliate, KDFX-CA.Agoura Hills is home to many prominent players in the entertainment industry, and now former Agoura High alum Adrianna Costa can be rightfully added to that exclusive list.

While she certainly has the looks to pass as a glamorous actress or model, Costa has instead made her mark as an entertainment news host and correspondent,  interviewing A-list celebrities and reporting on all the latest developments in Hollywood.In between doing a voiceover for her current job at NBC’s Extra! and darting off to another assignment, Costa spoke with Patch about what it took to make it to the big leagues and fulfill her lifelong dream of becoming a television fixture.

While it may not have always been easy, Costa, who is a former Lamppost Pizza employee and Agoura High Prom Princess, reflected on her path toward stardom, her awe of Johnny Depp and, of course, her affection for the 91301.I like Italia Deli, and I also like Agoura’s Famous Deli and Agoura Sushi. There’s this little store that I go to to get cheap stuff. [Editor’s note: I believe she meant Look Good.I was just the opposite in high school. I was not involved at all. I was a cheerleader during freshman and sophomore year, and then I sort of checked out and didn’t subscribe to the whole high school thing. I was good in English classes, but hated math.I just naturally am insanely inquisitive to the point where it annoys people, because I ask a million questions about everything. I’m just so curious. I’ll go into an interview and [producers] say, “OK, ask these five questions,” and it’s like, “No no no! I want to know about this, and this, and this.” 

I love performance, but I’m not an actress. I never wanted to take on roles as different characters. I wanted to just be myself. So when I saw that there was a job where you could be a presenter and be bubbly and fun and ask people questions as a journalist, I was all in.My first job was in Palm Springs, where I started as an intern at a local affiliate CBS station. I have to give this woman so much credit, Erin Gilhuly. She was my first news director and gave me a shot on air. She was a tough cookie but said, “Yeah, OK, go for it.” From there, I was making no money, like $19,000 a year, but I was a feature reporter. I was 21 years old and I was writing, producing, editing and appearing in all my own pieces.I interviewed Johnny Depp in Paris recently. Extra! sent me to Paris, France two months ago for The Tourist, so it’s me, in one of the most famous hotels in Paris, in a hotel room, [interviewing] Johnny Depp, for 15 minutes.

I almost died. He is not only drop-dead gorgeous, but he walks in, and you’re like, “Oh My God! I feel that you’re a star!” He is just so cool and gracious and kind and down-to-earth with zero pretenses. We were talking about how he’s such a huge fan of Jay-Z, and the reason he wants his girlfriend Vanessa Paradis to keep her last name, because it sounds so much sexier than Vanessa Depp. He is just so awesome. That was a highlight of my career.Don’t do it unless you’re freaking in love [with it]}, because it is hard and there is heartache attached to it, big time. This is not an easy career, but with that said, if you’re in love with your job, you’ll never work another day in your life. It took me 10 years to get to the gig I really wanted, which is Extra!. I had been doing other jobs which were good, but this is where I wanted to be.

Catch Adrianna Costa by watching her on "Extra!" when it airs weekdays at 12:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., Saturday at 4:30 p.m., and Sunday at 12:35 a.m.
About this column: Deidre's Dish is dedicated to all things entertainment in the Agoura Hills area. From celebrity interviews to an occasional movie set stakeout, Deidre is excited to indulge residents with their entertainment fix.

Adrianna Costa