Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga Browse through thousands of runway, close-up, and backstage images of more than 300 of your favorite model catwalkers.
Ai Tominaga
Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga

Ask anybody in the business to name a top model from Japan and 99% of the answers you will Ai Tominaga
Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga

Ai Tominaga

She has appeared on the cover of Vogue in her native country and in runway shows for John Galliano, Vivienne Tam, Anna Sui, Christian Dior, Karl Lagerfeld, Gucci, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Dolce and Gabbana, Givenchy, Elie Saab, Alexander McQueen and Valentino, among others. Tominaga has appeared in many fashion magazines including Vogue (American, French, British, Japanese, Russian and German), Harper's Bazaar, i-D, and has been shot by influential photographers such as Annie Leibovitz, Nick Knight, Steven Meisel, Ellen von Unwerth, Mert and Marcus and Peter Lindbergh. She was previously featured in ad campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent (with top models Jacquetta Wheeler, Carmen Kass and Caroline Ribeiro), Gucci, Hermès, Tag Heuer, Banana Republic, and she is currently the face of Moschino. Tominaga appeared in the 2004 Pirelli Calendar.You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
I was 17years old and I did haute couture shows in Paris. I remember the first show was Valentino and it was a very exciting show..."

Ai Tominaga is THE Japanese top model. Ask anybody in the business to name a top model from Japan and 99% of the answers you will receive will be: Ai Tominaga. And Ai Tominaga is indeed a name everybody knows in the fashion business, and a face (and a body) featured on the most important magazine covers in the world.

A few names? Vogue, on most of its international editions, Harper's Bazaar, i-D. Ai Tominaga has walked the catwalks of the biggest names in the world of fashion design, from John Galliano to Givenchy, from Valentino to Christian Dior to Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Dolce and Gabbana… enough?

We met her many years ago (maybe 10 years, maybe 8… sometimes my memory is not so sharp ;) ) in a backstage at the Milano Fashion Week. Ai was still at the beginning of her career, and we were immediately attracted by her exotic look. I remember we also did a short interview with her, which was never published because it was too… short :. But that was our first interview with Ai Tominaga. Our second interview is this one, and you can read it now.I was 17years old and I did haute couture
shows in Paris. I remember the first show was Valentino and it was a very
exciting show...There is nothing missing. There is always something new to find out. I never ever feel that way. The most important thing is that I always enjoy my modeling job and to see new people.Actually I have my own radio program right now in Japan, every Sunday 9am-13pm for live radio. I like to talk and get all information. And I am also doing a TV program. I do not know what I'm doing in the future, BUT I would be interested in editor job. So I might become 'editor in chief' in the future

Ai Tominaga